Compared with pure plastic, foam plastic has low density, light weight, high strength, its strength increases with the increase of density, has the ability to absorb impact load, has excellent shock absorption performance, sound insulation and sound-absorbing performance, low thermal conductivity, good thermal insulation performance, excellent electrical insulation performance, with corrosion resistance, mold resistance. Soft foam plastics have good elasticity and other properties.
Its features include:
(1) low bulk density can reduce packaging weight and transportation cost;
(2) excellent shock and vibration energy absorption, used to cushion and shockproof packaging can greatly reduce the damage of products;
(3) strong adaptability to changes in temperature and humidity, which can meet the requirements of general packaging conditions;
(4) low water absorption, low hygroscopicity, good chemical stability, no corrosion of internal loading, and strong tolerance to acid, alkali and other chemicals;
(5) low thermal conductivity, can be used for heat insulation packaging, such as ice cream cups, fast food containers and thermal insulation fish boxes;
(6) the molding process is convenient. Various foam pads, foam blocks and sheets can be made by molding methods such as molding, extrusion and injection.Easy to be processed by secondary molding, such as hot forming foam plate can be made into a variety of fast food containers.In addition, foamed plastic blocks can also be used as adhesive for self-bonding or bonding with other materials to make various cushioning gaskets.